This is part of a six week series to begin learning about race in America.
In the Old Testament, God declares that his house will be a house of prayer for all nations (Isaiah 56:7). When Jesus prayed before going to the cross, he prayed that the church would be one just as Jesus and the Father are one (John 17). Prophecy in the book of Revelation tells us that every tribe, tongue, and nation will worship Jesus on his throne (Revelations 7:9). We were made to be together and to love one another. Due to the history of our nation, being unified across different races can be difficult. To move in the right direction, we must learn what helps bring reconciliation and what makes reconciliation harder in our culture. I pray that we would be a people who make reconciliation easier.
“By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”John 13:35
Materials to read/watch
- Racial Reconciliation (Article)
- Become The Bridge | A Conversation With Pastor Steven Furtick & Pastor John Gray (YouTube)
BONUS: What can you do (Article)
BONUS: A Trip to the Grocery Store (YouTube 4 min)
- Have you believed colorblindness is the way to unity? When did you come to believe that?
- What is something that stood out to you the most in the YouTube video?
- What bridge building tips were new to you? Were there any that you liked or didn’t like? Why?
- How can you be a person that makes reconciliation and justice easier? (These are different things, but they are related.)